Saturday 4 April 2020

Fairlands Valley

I have been continuing to work since our company is one of those classed as essential. However, this week they have announced furloughing to start next week as a lot of our non-essential customers have closed or are cutting work back. On Thursday I had another consultation with my GP as my chest and ribs are still hurting a bit when I cough so he has given me some antibiotics as bone bruising could lead to infection. He also pointed out that with my medical conditions I am classed as very vulnerable and should be in isolation for 12 weeks, so he sent me a letter, I presented it to my manager and am now furloughed until the end of June.

Now what is a very keen gardener going to do at the start of spring with plenty of time on his hands?
Think I'm going to enjoy my time off.

Anyway, I am still allowed to do the essential shopping and daily exercise so I did a circuit of Fairlands Lakes this morning. While it was nice and sunny, and starting to warm up there was a bit of a chill to the breeze.
With the winds switching to a southerly, I was hoping for a few hirundines going through, but with little cloud cover there wasn't much to force them down, so the best I could manage were five Chiffchaffs and two Blackcaps singing. There was also a pair of Shoveller on the boating lake.
Here is a complete EBird list. https://ebird.org/checklist/S66601714


No comments: