Saturday 13 April 2019

Yellow Wagtails

I haven't been having a good week, the cold winds over the last few days seem to have brought out a cold/chill, and following a conversation with Colin last night, decided not to go out today.
I took Mum out shopping this morning and felt reasonable so went up to the dung heaps at Ashwell. The productive one is just south of the village of Eyeworth, but it looks like it will be the last year and it will be replaced by a slurry pit.
I spent about half an hour there, and while it was nice and sunny, the cold wind wasn't very pleasant and I was glad to get back in the car and return home. While I was there, I recorded 7 Yellow Wagtails, 4 Pied Wagtails, 1 White Wagtail, 2 Wheatear (at least) plus several Meadow Pipits, Corn Buntings and a pair of Lapwing.
There is another fresh heap, closer to Ashwell but it had nothing on it.



No comments: