Saturday 10 November 2018

Autumn Colours, Aston End and the Garden

Last Sunday I went for a walk around Aston End again, with the intention of capturing the autumnal scenery. Unlike my last visit, two weeks previously, it was rather dull and overcast and I wasn't expecting much. However the leaf colour had improved, and the spindles in particular had changed from a dull pink to a rather nice red.






 Birds were a little hard to find, and it seemed to be a lot quieter than last time. There were a few Skylarks and Meadow Pipits flying around the fields, but eight Yellowhammers was a big improvement. It took a bit of time but I eventually located some thrushes. 18 Fieldfare, 9 Redwings and two Mistle Thrush were found around the horse field along with a few Blackbirds. Birds were mobile so I might have missed some-no Song Thrushes for example which was a bit odd.

This morning while pottering in the garden I took a few photos. Although a lot of the plants are now well past their best, there is still some colour, and the few bees and insects enjoying the warm sunshine still have a lot of flowers, mainly bulbs, sages and fuchsias to feed on.







No comments: