Sunday 18 March 2018

Back Again

I had a lovely time pottering in the garden on Friday. Lots of bulbs coming through, a few plants in flower and a couple of bumblebees enjoying the warm sunshine. Unfortunately it didn't last and the arctic blast arrived early on Saturday morning, with almost constant light snow and a really vicious wind. Needless to say I didn't spend much time in the garden.
I never had a great deal of success with feeding birds with suet balls, even when I got the more expensive ones. However, suet blocks have been pretty good with a succession of birds visiting the two I have at the bottom of the garden in the elder bush-including Magpies and Carrion Crows. However its been mainly Blue Tits, Great Tits and Long Tailed Tits-the latter have been coming daily.


 

Today I noticed three large blobs in the Rowan Tree-the Fieldfares have come back to feed on my neighbours apples. Had a feeling that the freeze would bring some extra birds in but I assumed it would have been the local Song Thrushes. In fact apart from the Fieldfares it hasn't been much different with the regular Wood Pigeons, Blackbirds, Robins, a Dunnock or two and the Blue, Great and Long Tailed tits.



No comments: