Friday 27 March 2015

Norton Green

Paid my first visit of the year to Norton Green this morning before work-rather late as I usually start much earlier in March. Tony Hukin had a Wheatear a week or so back but despite regular coverage there has been little else of note.
Although bright and sunny there was a brisk northerly breeze, and I only had time for one quick circuit. One or two Song Thrushes singing in the lane, a few Linnets and Yellowhammers went over and I flushed two Red Legged Partridge as I reached the raised bank. Three Redwings went north, and I found a couple more in a small flock of 25 Fieldfare, so maybe five in total. At least one was singing in a willow bush. No Meadow Pipits, which was a bit odd, but several Skylarks a usual.
On the way back along the eastern edge, two Grey Partridge went up but I found nothing else.

Sitting in the car and lunchtime, a falcon went over the car park at work. Rather long winged and tailed, it came back low over the car. A Kestrel, rather than the hoped for Peregrine, but nice to see, and rather unusual for the industrial area of Stevenage.

No comments: