Friday 31 May 2013

Wisley

Having the week off, but tied up with hospital visits and so on, I have not really done much. however if time permitted I wanted to go down to the RHS garden at Wisley if I could. The weather was good today, so I decided to go down, taking Sarah with me.
Not been before so it would be an interesting visit as expectations based on tv and magazine articles rarely coincide with reality. In fact it turned out to be far better than I had imagined and we had a great time even though it was extremely busy.
The Rhododendrons were superb, as were the other woodland shrubs, the various borders and gardens looked great and despite the late spring the plants were coming on well. As for the Alpine House and big glasshouse well I could have spent all day in them.

Sarah found a Green Hairstreak, and we had Large red Damsels, Large and Small Whites, a Peacock and a Speckled Wood.

Shame about the drive home-the M25 was well and truly stuffed and i have not had time to go through my images yet but i thought i'd post this one of a Beautiful Demoiselle-my first this year. Not taken with a tele or a macro, just the 35mm lens!


No comments: