Friday 28 January 2011

Blackcap



Came home from work early, as is usual for a Friday. While finishing lunch I happened to look out at the feeders and noticed a male Blackcap. Of course as soon as I turned round he was off. Ran up to get the camera and waited but after a long time I assumed he had flown off further down the road.
Nearly an hour later he was back, down among my pots of Lilies, but as soon as the camera came up it was game over. Waited a further hour before the light dropped but no further sign.
I get Blackcaps most winters-invariably males from the continent but usually only one or two sightings-which with the limited amount of time I spend watching the garden probably means they are visit most weeks.
While waiting, I had  a pair of Great Tits, three Blue Tits, a pair of Blackbirds, a Wren, the usual Robin and pigeons and several Starlings.

No comments: