Friday 7 May 2010

Bluebells


Since I finish work early on Friday, I decided to visit several woods hoping to get a few images of the Bluebells which are pretty much at their peak.
A recommended site in Graffridge Wood, part of the Knebworth complex was worth a visit and I got a few good images, though wether the composition do justice to the woods is debatable-I was using an old 20mm lens, which is decent optically, but not the best available.


Having got them, I decided to drive around the hamlets east of Stevenage and visit some of the woods that I have not been to for many years. Many of the roadside verges look superb, with Bluebells and various umbellifers such as Cow Parsley in bloom. Unfortunately, my main target, St Johns Wood looked to be pretty poor and I did not stay.
Lots of Pheasant on my drive, along with a few Partridge, Blackbirds and Song Thrush, and at least two juvenile Robins.

No comments: