Friday 23 April 2010

Norton Green

My sisters partner Ed is down from Scotland-luckily the flight restrictions were lifted the morning he came down. As I had the day off, and as he was due to visit, I had a bit of time to go down to Norton Green and see if any migrants had come in.
As soon as I got out of the car, I heard my first Lesser Whitethroat calling from the hedge bordering the paddocks. Unfortunately it appeared to be on the sunny side and I did not see it. Shortly after, my first Whitethroat was found, singing deep in the base of a bramble. Seeing some of the regulars in the distance, I made my way over, bumping into a single male Wheatear on the way, the only one left of about five earlier this week.
Apparently it has turned a bit quiet again, with little moving, though while we were talking, a single Swallow went over, and the three remaining Fieldfare flew around.
As I was out of time, I left them to try and find a Garden Warbler in the woods while I returned home.

No comments: