Saturday 27 February 2010

Jack Snipe



I paid the usual visit to Amwell this morning. Initially it was quite good, though breezy. Up to five Buzzard and my first Red Kite of the year were enjoying the conditions. Two drake Smew were still present, with several red heads, though other winter duck were scarce-a few Teal and Goldeneye.
Plenty of Reed Bunting activity in the cuts, but no Bittern or Cetti's Warbler. Unfortunately, by eleven the occasional shower had turned into torrential rain so I left.
I had only got part way home, and seeing that the weather was a lot better further north, I decided to take a detour and visit the new hide at Tewinbury. In lovely warm! sunny conditions one of the Jack Snipe posed quite well. I was using my i phone through the scope for the first time, so it was a bit hit and miss.

No comments: